Effective Financial Audit
- 06 – 07 March 2017
- 27 – 28 July 2017
- 09 – 10 November 2017
Kartika Chandra Hotel Office Tower 4th floor Unit 410 & 411
Jalan Jend. Gatot Subroto Kav 18-20
Jakarta 12930 – Indonesia
For those who want to understand and expand their roles related to financial information, as well as those who simply need a refresher on financial accounting and reporting, this course is the ideal way to get up to speed. By exploring concepts that go beyond accounting, this course will enable participants to approach financial auditing with renewed confidence. In this course, participants will learn how key business processes relate to financial statements. The course will walk participants through an analysis of an organization’s financial statements using case study exercises, where participants will learn how to develop certain test in order to ensure the reliability of financial information such as test of control, substantive test as well as to calculate key ratios and analyze trends over time. Finally, by taking on such topics as “common recipes for cooking the books” and engaging in discussions on both historic and current fraud cases, participants will learn how to recognize “red flags” in financial statement.
Accounting and Auditing General Review
- Define key accounting terms
- Understand accounting rules, equations, and basic principles
- Differentiate between management-level reporting and financial statement-level reporting
- Nature and Types of audit evidence
- Considering Internal Control
- Considering the risk of fraud
Financial Statements — An Overview
- Review the characteristics of key financial statements.
- Recognize the flow of information from source documents to financial statements.
- Identify the components of a financial balance sheet.
- Distinguish where in an income statement financial accounts should appear.
- Calculate key ratios from a company’s financial statements.
- Analyze data using horizontal and vertical analysis.
Business Processes and Accounting
- Developing the overall audit plan and audit program
- Application of the audit process to the following cycles:
– Sales and collection cycle;
– Acquisition and payment cycle;
– Inventory and warehousing cycle;
– Payroll and personnel cycle;
– Capital acquisition and repayment cycle;
- Recall key revenue, liability, and inventory-related ratios
- Practice using a risk assessment template to analyze risks, and design and test controls
Recipes for Cooking the Books
- Identify the elements of financial statements fraud.
A proper mix of lectures, Q&A, sharing, discussions, exercises and activities
- Finance & Accounting Managers / Supervisors / Officers
- Directors, General Managers
- SMT Business Owners
- All those who are groomed for above positions and who are interested to sharpen and broaden their knowledge & skills in financial audit
- Rp 4.000.000,- per person
- Excluding 10 % VAT
- Including a certificate, refreshments, lunch, stationery and writing instruments
If you wish to attend, kindly complete and submit the registration form below